Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Photos! Gorée Island, etc.

Sunset view from school.

Senegalese money: the CFA franc.

Gorée Island. Known for its historical role in the transatlantic slave trade.

A view of Gorée Island from the boat.

My hand over my first communal eating bowl experience in Senegal during orientation week. Let me say, my host family doesn't tend to go all out with this sort of hand-eating. Mostly they use spoons or forks, but if they do use their right hand (never the left) then it is usually for the fish and doesn't end up being quite as messy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment