Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Photos! Village life in Louly Ngogom


Me and a host of children from the family I lived with for this last week in Louly Ngogom.

Meet Jibi! This little tyke is the greatest. Not only is his smile absolutely glorious, but he eats dirt and has the roundest belly I've ever seen on a toddler. I have to wonder if the last two tidbits are related, or if he's got something more serious going on with his stomach.

Meet Oussmane the adorable troubl-maker in the foreground with Abdoul on his tail. Abdoul is the sweetest of the kids, and we had an ongoing joke that he's promised to Victoria, the other student staying in this family with me. She'll have to wait a couple years, of course! When asked, Abdoul said that, no, he's not engaged to me, that I'm engaged to Bass, one of the other little kids depicted below. :-) This is my second senegalese husband, having met the first one down in Dindenfelo on my last trip!

Meet Bas -my fiance. :-) He's carrying the tea cooker on his head.

A few girls from the village.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Jos. I can't wait to marry my taxi driver alongside you and your numerous Senegalese loves. Although, I better not hold my breath as it looks like it will be a while before Bas is of a marrying age. I will get to work on breeding those cows, we may as well use the extra time to make them really fat to please our new mothers-in-laws. =) Miss you. Can't wait to play backgammon on your roof when you get back.
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete