Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fotos! Internship et. al.

At my internship.

In my internship, we went out with these fourth graders to collect plastic bottles for future planting purposes. With these kids we're focusing on the environment and medicinal plants as a way to promote cooperation and cohabitation.

My internship, once again. Talkin' about plants. Did you know that mint is used to settle the guatita, or stomach?

Okay, the point here is not the "cuatro ases," which, by the way, means "four aces," but rather the odd combination of Jesus stickers and American flags. Okay, frankly, this wouldn't be so odd in the states, but why on earth would a Chilean paste up our flag? The Senegalese do this, but it makes sense because they are dreaming of a paradise and imagine it within our borders. But Chileans? They just don't seem to have such a fantastical view of America that would warrant this display. hm...

Apartments.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sweetie! It's your Oma, exploring the wide, wide world of computers!! I love your pictures. Will I ever see those places in person? I talked a bit to your mom, and it sounds like you have LOTS of plans in the wings. I love you. You are so wonderful and full of life!!! Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D I love you Oma.

    ReplyDelete