Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Morocco Pictures!

Me and olives...in Meknes?

So, there we are, Jin and I, in Meknes. We've checked out of our crummy hostel and need a place to leave our bags for our day trip to the Roman ruins of Volubilis. The man at the hostel told us the train station stored baggage, but as we inquired to the man at the front of the ticket line at the station, we found out that that wasn't the case. As we turned around, we encountered a pair of young men who, much to our surprise, offered to let us leave our things with their grandparents just down the street. We took them up on this offer, hung out with them for a half an hour before traipsing off to the Roman ruins, and upon our return, took up the invitation to have tea with the lovely grandparents. And here you have that encounter. :-)

Hassan II mosque in Casablanca -3rd biggest in the world and the biggest one welcoming non-muslims within it. Gorgeous. I settled down to meditate for a few moments in that atmosphere.

Hassan II mosque from without. The Oma pose!

Anybody seen Casablanca? I haven't, but I've practically been in it! Here we are, seated in Rick's Cafe enjoying some lavish desserts and fine conversation, in three languages thanks to the Argentinian beside me and the French Canadian and Australian across from me. I have to admit, all the wealth was kinda uncomfortable, but the lights were lovely.


***Thanks to Jin (my travel hubby) for these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment