Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My College Decision!!! (drum roll, please!)

Ok, shall we torture Rhiannon a little longer or let the decision be known!

(I would gain such pleasure from torturing Rhiannon, but, alas, I am just too excited and must share, so here it is:)

I will be attending Scripps! Woohoo, me and Jenny are gonna be chillin together down in an all women´s college in SoCal near LA! Scripps is part of the Claremont consortium that also includes Pomona, Pitzer, Harvey Mudd, and some other school that I don´t remember the name of. Inyhoo, I can take classes at any of the other colleges, so it won´t be like signing into a nunnery or anything!

So there you have it.

6 comments:

  1. Ah! I am really happy for you. This will be a great place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat's Jocelyn! I am very happy for you. Go get 'em Gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATZ!!
    I'm glad you're going to you're first choice!!
    ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait... it was your first choice, right?I forget... (whoops)!
    ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. My top three were Whitman, Scripps, and Lewis and Clark, roughly in that order. However, that order was based on weather: I thought that Scripps had bad air quality for most of the year (which is doesn´t) and that Whitman had its fair share of sunshine (which it hardly does). So Scripps hopped to the front of the list after that revelation.

    I did get accepted to Whitman, but I got accepted on the wait list and with priority enrollment for Spring semester. Lewis and Clark accepted me with scholarship, but I´m not into the rain. As for the other schools on my list, I was not accepted to Pomona and Pitzer put me on their wait list. UCD and Puget Sound accepted me with scholarships, and UCSC and UCI accepted me into their Honors programs. So, all in all, it was a good turnout! And most importantly, I´m going to Scripps! The ambiance there is wonderful, and the rose garden is a deffinite plus!

    ReplyDelete