Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Philosophy Test and Friends!

I just had my first philosophy test today! I know, this may sound daunting to some, but it was actually an incredible experience. Ok, so the test itself was a load of work, including massive translating, mind stretching, and laborous writing, but the studying was the fun part! During the two hours of art class before philosophy, our artsy group sat discussing Descartes and his method of reaching the truth. We discussed god and perfection and understanding, and my goodness! I had a lot to share! Being the knowledge-lover that I am, delving into these discussions, albeit in Spanish, was oodles of fun. My French friend, Jon Michelle, claims that even though he is perfectly fluent in Spanish, he thinks I will score higher on the exam! I´m not sure if I believe that, but it goes to show what a sweetie he is. He and I enjoy singing Kelly Clarkson and Christina Augilera pop songs together as we sketch our bodegones (still-life scenes) with charcoal in hand. He is a fabulous artist. Among my other friends is Juan Antoinio (or JuanAn for short) who loves breakdancing but has yet to show me this mad talent (no worries, he has promised me this pleasure tomorrow!) and Paz who has the most original sense of fashion in the entire school (tights, short shorts, bright colors, etcetera).

Outside of school, I am performing a juggling act with my schedule: rock climbing, dance class, aerobics, acting class, Castellano...what do I want to do and when do I want to do it?! Well, we´ll see! So many opportunities arrise that I have to contain myself in order to maintain a healthy schedule! It all comes down to a few basic things: learning Spanish, getting exercise, sleep, and sustenance, and following my passions. Aye, there´s the rub! I have so many passions! Well, I´m sure everything will turn out fine.

I defninitely just got asked out on a date for this Friday, but I´m a little speechless in that department. He is a friend of a friend of my host family who I don´t even know, so we´ll see how that goes! They say he´s a good kid. *shrugs* :-)

Well, I guess that´s it for now!

Love,

Jocelyn

4 comments:

  1. Friends, friends and more friends! Life's richest blessings.

    Glad you enjoy stretching your brain cells. You'll have to let us all know how you did on your first philosophy exam. :)

    The blind date sounds interesting . . . Where will you go on a date in Spain? dinner? movie? show? street dancing? sitting in chairs in the streets of Alicante? Hmm . . so many possibilities. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oma here--
    I ditto mj's comments/questions. I love you (big smile).

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! Jocelyn has found her Sebastian! Or rather, it sounds like she has found three of them :) Lovelove darling. I am glad you are having a good time.
    --Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Thanks Rhiannon. :-) Although I do have to say that none of them are Romanian! lol. Oh well, I´ll go for second best!

    hmmm...I think we´re going for the movie idea. All I can say is I hope food is involved because...well, I love food!

    Speaking of food, they eat a lot of eggs here! And not for breakfast either. Apparently potato chips and eggs (together) is a very popular dish. I´ll let you know how it tastes when I try it!

    ReplyDelete