Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Monday, May 14, 2007

Photos: Multi-Pitch route in Calte

This route consisted of six pitches (all 6a or 6b minus the last pitch which was a 6c) amounting to 200 meters. The first two pitches are uneventful, but then you get half way up and the rock gets interesting, with huge pockets and all sorts of goodies just waiting to be found. But, if you don´t have the endurance to hang out there looking for hidden pockets then it´s difficult. I fell twice on the last pitch and came away from the entire experience with a mild sunburn. But it was worth it for the view! My climbing parter was Ricardo.







A little interesting fact: The Spanish have many phrases and terms that are rather beautiful. For example, instead of saying "I got to the top of that climbing route," they´ll say Yo llegé at reunion translated as "I reached the reunion." I kinda like that! Instead of triumphing over the rock, you are reuniting with it!
Another phrase that I like is, instead of saying "Awkward silence" when a room full of people suddenly find themselves in a hush, they´ll say "An angel has just passed through." :-)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful views, I cant wait to see some of them in person.

    See ya soon,

    Your climbing partner always, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jocey,

    looks like you are having so much fun. I just annot tell you how happy i am for you.

    Your photographs are scrumptous and your mom has assured me you are safe. So life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Jocey you look like you are having so much fun! What a view, and I love that happy pic of you! :)

    I'll have to remember that, "An angel just passed through" next time I encounter a lengthy silence....


    Love you!

    ReplyDelete