Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Monday, September 7, 2009

Host Family Pictures


This is Jayna, my sister-in-law and the wife of Lou-Lou (the brother who likes to mess with me and joke around), with her son Gi-Gi (or Junior). Gi-Gi is the assertive one of the two toddlers in the house. There's a lot more noise when he's around! Jayna is due in a month, but people don't really talk about pregnancy here because it is associated with bad spirits who, if overhearing, could curse the child and mother. So, I actually didn't ask when she was due. The other student unwittingly asked and received a somewhat surprised response.

This is my host mother, my host "cousin" Assane who is my best bud, and me. Assane is the muslim of the household.

Me and my host mom.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an incredible adventure! I'm really enjoying reading your blogs- it's incredible writing! I feel like I could practically be there with you.

    Enjoy it all! I'm looking forward to reading more blog posts.
    Kila

    ReplyDelete