Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Junior's B-Day Pics


Junior's birthday cake. :-)

Britta, the other exchange student in our home, and myself. She is an absolute sweetheart -and its nice to have someone to make a quick English quip to over dinner every once in a while. Mostly we speak french to one another, but she's from Minnesota.

In the center looking towards the camera is my host sister Melanie who is so friendly and makes me feel welcome. I suspect she'll be the one to help me the most with my Wolof.

"Happy Birthday" was sung 3 times: first in French, then in English, and finally in Wolof. It was lovely! On the far left is my host brother Lou-Lou, although I'll have to get a better picture of him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment