Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Monday, May 3, 2010

Gracias a la Vida



This song, "Gracias a la Vida," is a collaborative effort including Juanes, Shakira, and many others. It can be bought on itunes and the proceeds go toward Chile's earthquake recovery. The original version of this song is a cuenca, a typical Chilean folksong, written by one of Chile's best-known musicians: Violeta Parra. I'm currently learning to play a few of her songs on the guitar. :-) Below is the original version of her song:

2 comments:

  1. You should check out the Mercedes Sosa version as well. If you like this, I have a feeling you'd like the rest of her music, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Merceded Sosa version. In fact, I just bought it yesterday on itunes. :-) You're absolutely correct. I'll have to check out her other music as well.

    ReplyDelete