Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Poems from Chile

Now is the time to share some of my poetry:

Leaves Falling
peripheral
cradle held aloft swinging.
Light, crisp, twist, falling
Heart flip, leaf turn
Falling down
Pavement soft


-Jocelyn
27 March, 2010

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lingering
Beneath the shower
My head is full of water.
Thoughts dribble
Down my cheeks in torrents.
They’re tumbling like flowers.

In just a few more moments
My mind with have been emptied
And a pool of colors on the ground
Will reflect my life and memory.


-Jocelyn
28 March, 2010

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With little more than rainwater
I wash my hands of you.
I throw your dust unto the sky
And mine, at once, is blue.


-Jocelyn
19 April, 2010

*note that this last poem was not actually born of my personal experience. I have to say that everyone in my life at this point is heartily appreciated, irrespective of the hard lessons they may have forced me to learn, and therefore I have washed my hands of no one in recent days. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Love,

Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment