Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thoughts and Joy

11:45 after an evening of climbing, gatherings of friends over good food, and a bit of wine:

I just regaled the front stoop with a joyful serenade, adding color in all the right places and heady, breath-filled pauses in the others. Mother, you know which song I was singing. The stars must be happy tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts born of distractibility -between essays and thoughts of you:

I mustn’t let my dreams overrun my actuality. But nor should I let my present moment overrun my dreams. I must find a way to balance the two so that, progressively, my actuality and my dreams will merge into a single image: my life. And therein lies the beauty of this journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May joy spill forth from your life as it does from mine. If I could, I would pour it all upon you.

Love,

Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment