Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Friday, June 4, 2010

Insidious Bus Leeching.

I watch my prey approach me from afar, edging his way down the bus’ aisle, eyeing the empty seat to my right, and weighing his options. He has no idea what he’s in for, but he must sense it instinctively because he hesitates, gripping the bar at his side and glancing towards me sidelong. Ah, he is going to take the bait! I smirk with quiet expectation and prepare myself. Shwomp! He whooshes into the empty seat beside me and the malignant tentacles of the night’s chill retract with a hiss of frustration. Muahahahahaha!!! I am no longer your prey, oh creepy creature of quivers and shivers; now it is I who plays the predator -the warmth leech, slurping of that invisible ambrosia harbored within the unsuspecting, innocent strangers to my left and, now, my right. Gratifyingly, they have absolutely no idea. My smirk deepens slightly. Oh yes, feeeeeeel the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment