Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rain Adventures

Coming home through the rain is a marvelous adventure. It may be as close as I ever come to living within a video game; making my way through an obstacle course of reflective surfaces, my lunges and impeccably timed twists and turns make me a Mario in my own right. And then I’m one of the Tap Dogs, performing a spectacular routine as I dance my way down the clippety-clap pavement. The intersections bring out the primadona in me and I make a majestic ballet leap across the breadth of the rain-filled gutter. I’m a child, playing connect the dots with all the dry patches and then even more of a child, playing connect the dots with the wet spots. And finally, I am a salmon, swimming my way up the mighty waterfall that whishes down our driveway, finally embracing the warmth of our home after the many feats that brought me here. Yes, coming home through the rain is a marvelous adventure; you just have to know how to create it!

No comments:

Post a Comment