Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Photos: My art, climbing and Host mom!

More art from my classes, drawn with charcoal and charcoal pencil while observing the objects.
This is the route that I described from Mula. I LOVE THIS ROUTE!!! Note the excellent upper part. The little crimps are shaped like hollowed out raindrops and mold perfectly to the fingers. I did this route in many pieces, partially because I kept going off route and cliping on the other vias!

My host mom! ¡Que guapa! I am very lucky that I have a host mom who treats me as one more daughter. On top of that, our communication is very open and she cooks beautifully! What more could you want?!

6 comments:

  1. Cool, i like your pictures. Can you send me one?

    Mary Ellen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How high is that???????

    What a blessing to have such a great host family! It is nice to know that you are being so well cared for and so loved . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm . . artistic people, like you, absolutely amaze me. I just spent five minutes studying your charcoal pencil drawings. Wow. So interesting how you color in the background to make the images appear, then just shade the objects. I was especially intrigued with the water pitcher. Just loved the shading and the dimension in that object. I don't think my brain works that way. Someday . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Yes, I shaded in the background black because we´re currently working on objects in front of black fabric. Thus, I am only representing what I see. If it were not over black fabric then the glass would be the lightest part of the composition (excluding, perhaps, the very white cylinder). Since it is over black, the glass becomes the darkest object. I think that my class has done the majority of their compositions with white fabric behind, but I just happened to enter the class during a black fabric period.

    Mary Ellen: you want me to send you one of the photos or one of the actually drawings? The drawings themselves are pretty big to be sending through the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant drawings, but you can just bring them home when you come.

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. MaryEl, I will definitely bring my drawings home so that you can choose one out to keep.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete