Three lives in three countries: Spain, Senegal and Chile. Look back at my chronicles of crazy adventure, introspection, love and confusion. It's just the journey of a young Californian gal who's getting a taste of the world, but it's also so much more...

Friday, March 2, 2007

Photos, fashion, art, and Friends

I little more of my art. The brown one is a stamp that I made by etching my drawing into a piece of plastic, spreading paint over the etched suface, wiping away the excess paint so that it only remained in the grooves, and then putting it through a pressing device to transfer the paint to the paper. It was actually a little more complicated than that, but whatever!

The drawing of the fabric is charcoal done while studying a smaller, back and white photocopy.

Those three crazy ppl are my friends! The guy is JuanAn, the breakdancer I told you about! The one in blue is Isa and the one in red, Paloma.

The other photo is of my host sister, Janire. I took it to give you an example of the fashion here in Spain. Currently popular is bellbottoms, short jackets that end above the waiste, thick decorative belts, and layered hair, among other things. Also popular is this sort of bracelet that connects into a ring on your middle finger, usually with some sort of butterfly or something laying accross the top of your hand. A small percentage of the teenage girls actually glue a single white rinestone to one of their side teeth so that when they smile you have to do a double take before you realize that they are not from a cheezy toothpaste add! Most of the boys have mullets (I know, girls. I can see you cringe!) and a lot of them have their hair spiked on top. The grunge pants look is in, as are highlights in the hair. I will bring photos as they come.



1 comment:

  1. Loved the fashion update! and loved the new pics. Fun seeing your friends . . .

    You are really a talented artist . . . Have you considered using your talents in your career field?????

    Can't wait for the next update . . today is Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete